Get Back

On Course.

Download

GPS for

the Soul



[1]

Sometimes we're stunned by the profundity of the greats. Take for example 17th-century philosopher René Descartes who wrote, "I think, therefore I am." (And that makes us think.)


In other instances, the most profound moments worth contemplating are mere accidents. Take Reddit commenter chubby_prince[2] 's four-year-old son, who said to his mother at a rollerskating birthday party[3] , "Sometimes you have to let me fall."


This week, Reddit user redjacket27[4] posed the question, "What is the most unintentionally profound thing you've heard?" The ask summoned some pretty nifty responses. Check out a few of our favorite profound moments below (and click here to see the whole thread[5] ), then tell us your answer in the comments section.


When a car with a loud stereo passed my house, my six-year-old sister said "It sounds like the air has a heartbeat." I thought it was adorable until she continued with "Except, you can't kill it like a normal heart." -- vira_gina[6]

My niece could tell I was in a bad mood and asked why. I told her that a friend was being mean and she said, "just talk to your friend and say 'stop being mean.'" I said it wasn't so easy to tell someone to change. She said, "you're right, it's easier to just walk away until they act better." She was right. -- oohitsalady[7]

My 3-year old nephew after the balloon he was playing with met ceiling fan and my sister spazzed out a bit: "It's okay mommy. Sometimes balloons pop." -- BigKev47[8]

My friend was helping me put away dishes and she tried to stack some cups to save room in the cabinet. When they didn't stack, she said to herself "some things just aren't meant to be together" -- awildflower[9]

I discovered the meaning of life on the back of a bottle of bleach. It said "Stand upright in a cool place." -- joe-dirt[10]

Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others. -- Shishakli[11]

My friend joined a culinary school, in one of her books there is a section on knife safety. One of the rules started out, "A falling knife has no handle..." -- Kowabunga_Dude[12]


Also on HuffPost:




Loading Slideshow...



  • How to De-Stress With the GPS For the Soul App


    GPS for the Soul measures your heart rate and heart rate variability, which taken together are a proxy for stress, and then connects you with the things that help you course-correct – from music and poetry to breathing exercises and pictures of your loved ones.