>>> an emotional moment in washington today where ashley campbell told senators what alzheimer's is doing to her father. that's because she happens to be the daughter of the legendary singer glen campbell who is in the grip of the disease and has stopped performing.


>> i think a person's life is comprised of memories and that's exactly what the this disease takes away from you like a memory of my dad taking me fishing in flagstaff when i was a little girl or playing banjo with my dad while he plays guitar. now when i play banjo with my dad, it's getting harder for him to follow along. it's getting harder for him to recall my name. it's hard to come to the realization that someday my dad might look at me and i will be absolutely nothing to him.


>> glen campbell 's daughter ashley testifying on capitol hill today.







http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNFTbpToi2f0tZN4OEt3xrs3AdFypA&url=http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/51652306/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top