To mark the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech during the March on Washington[1] on August 28th of 1963, His Holiness the Dalai Lama released a video outlining his own dream[2] for the next century.


"I always have one dream," the Dalai Lama begins. "That within this century the world truly become [a] real happy human family. In order to achieve that, we really need [a] sense of oneness of humanity. I think through education, through more holistic, realistic thinking, I have confidence that through education, through awareness, I think we can develop a sense of oneness of humanity. Then, the very basis of violence, the very basis of war, they're no longer there. Then this century can become a century of peace, a century of non-violence."

[3]




Loading Slideshow...