It wasn't her wedding day -- in fact, she isn't even engaged -- but earlier this month, Rachel Wolf put on a white gown and got her hair and makeup done.


In a "Today" show interview that aired Monday, the 25-year-old explained why she was playing bride: her dad is dying of pancreatic cancer, and she wanted to pre-record a father-daughter wedding dance so that he could be there on her future Big Day. Her father, Dr. James Wolf, likely has less than three months to live. [1] [2] [3]


"There are a lot of things that I would've liked the girls to experience with me being there," a choked up Dr. Wolf said. "And I'm not going to be there."


Wolf and her father shared a touching and unforgettable dance to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman at Auburn Recreation Park in Auburn, Calif.


Watch the beautiful video above. Then, click through the slideshow below for 31 adorable daddy-and-daughter wedding photos from our readers.



Loading Slideshow...



  • "Father/daughter dance. Me and my dad on my wedding day 8/31/12" Submitted by Ken & Carol Guinto-Morales




  • Submitted by Danielle Harper




  • "Me and my dad doing our father/daughter dance." Submitted by Christina Main




  • "Like father, like daughter. James Wood and Megan Weatherford October 6, 2012 Eden, NC" Submitted by Megan L. Wood




  • "Dancing with my step-dad at my wedding on Sept. 2, 2012. He is the biggest teddy bear and cried throughout the entire song. I couldn't help but smile at my big, bad, tattooed biker dad crying more than me!" Submitted by Kaity of {Bee}autiful Blessings




  • "My Dad was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma on my 21st birthday, just three months before my wedding...I had a death grip on his arm as he walked me down the aisle in my white velvet and lace dress. For that moment the world really did revolve around me and the son-in-law that had been hanging around our house since we were sixteen years old. I'll never forget the gruffness in his voice as he gave me away, or the smell of his aftershave as I danced with him at the reception. We were so lucky to have him in all his grumpiness, welcoming five more grandchildren and a new daughter-in-law to our family. He lived 13 years longer and died in December, not quite making it to Christmas. Life wasn't always fair, but the memory of being walked down the aisle by my Dad is still sweet." Submitted by Esther Blakely




  • @candicelyna: "We hadn't talked about our dance at all, so this was a complete surprise and one of my favorite moments!"




  • "Monica Medlock-Guyden and her father Stan Medlock." Submitted by Monica Medlock-Guyden




  • Submitted by Lindsey A. Miller




  • Submitted by taralynn2010




  • "Father/daughter dance, Cori Powers and Rocky Pope!" Submitted by Cori Pope




  • Submitted by Shannon Barnhart




  • "This is one of my favorite pictures from my wedding day as it truly captures the emotion of my dance with my Dad." Submitted by Jessica Feenan




  • "Walking down the 'aisle' with my dad and step-dad." Submitted by Brooke Johnson Delk




  • @kaellalynn: "Father/daughter dance. He choreographed the whole thing to Jewel's 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'"




  • Submitted by Carissa Barillaro




  • @heidibollard: "Wedding ceremony high five"




  • "My favorite photo of my dad and me." Submitted by Lynn Cotto




  • "Favorite picture of myself and my father, John Herfurth, from my wedding on March 16, 2013!" Submitted by Haley Grogan




  • "First time I'd seen my dad dressed up, very sweet day." Submitted by Crystal Riley




  • @kaycegarrett: "Happiest walk of my life, with my daddy right by my side #HappyFathersDay"




  • Submitted by Jennifer Diaferio




  • @emmyloumac: "Me and my dad at my wedding in May in Scotland!"




  • @rosaliebrownfit: "Leaving for the church! So excited!"




  • @Liz_Pix: "My dad is an old school Dominican man that never smiles. A smirk is as good as any"




  • @Sweettams: "Love you and miss you Dad!!!"




  • @JadeWitzke: "My dad passed away 5 months after this pic was taken. So grateful to have shared this moment with him"




  • Submitted by @JenniferDrudge




  • @joanna_radke: "My favorite photo with my dad! #happyfathersday"




  • Submitted by @lkcournoyer




  • @quixee: "This one is SO cute & one of the only ones with him where I'm not crying"





Keep in touch! Check out HuffPost Weddings on Facebook[4] , Twitter [5] and Pinterest[6] .