As the Texas legislature prepares to vote on a new bill that would massively restrict abortion rights for women across the Lone Star State -- for the second time in a month, after it was defeated by Wendy Davis' historic filibuster -- a YouTube user made this parody of "I'm Just a Bill" from the '70s educational series "Schoolhouse Rock," with lyrics adjusted to fit the current fiasco in Texas. Here's a sample:


I'm a bad bill

I'm a really bad bill

And if they vote for me I think I'll be ill

Well, then I'm off to Rick Perry

You know he wants to sign

I'm red meat for the base

Oops! he must have lost his mind

If he signs me, then I'll be a law

How I hope and pray Wendy will

Stand up tall so I stay just a bill


This time around, though, the bill isn't so optimistic that clearer heads will prevail -- unfortunately, the bill will likely become a law, and Rick Perry is more likely to name three government agencies than to veto this thing.


(h/t Emily Ramshaw[1] /The Daily Dot[2] )



Also on HuffPost:




Loading Slideshow...



  • President Obama




  • Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)




  • Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.)




  • Judy Blume




  • Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D)




  • Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii)




  • Paul F. Tompkins




  • Christine Quinn




  • Dan Savage




  • Ricky Gervais




  • Carrie Brownstein




  • Rob Delaney




  • Paul Begala




  • Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.)




  • Paul Scheer




  • David Plouffe




  • Cory Booker




  • Katha Pollitt




  • Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.)




  • New Jersey Gubernatorial Candidate Barbara Buono (D)




  • Elizabeth Banks




  • Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards




  • Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.)




  • Tavi Gevinson




  • Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)




  • Wil Wheaton




  • Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)




  • Russell Simmons




  • Henry Winkler