http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png



  • Green Smoothie


    "I always eat one of three breakfasts: 1. Green smoothie: I blend 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of kale, 1/2 a banana, a small handful almonds, 3 to 5 raw Brazil nuts, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 to 2 tablespoons cacao or carob powder and 1/2 a can of full-fat coconut milk 2. Protein: I combine 2 to 3 large scoops of vegan protein with 4 to 6 ounces full-fat coconut milk (unsweetened), 1 to 2 tablespoons of almond butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a handful of organic coconut flakes (unsweetened) and a tablespoon of chia seeds. I like to eat, not drink this, so I simply stir it all together with a spoon. 3) If I have more time, I scramble or fry 2 to 3 eggs from organic, pastured hens in grass-fed butter, ghee, olive oil or coconut oil. On the side, or heated along with the eggs, I include a large serving of dark leafy greens (bok choy, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, mustard greens, etc.), and for added healthy fats, a handful of olives or 1/2 of an avocado, sliced. I add sea salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh sliced tomato, and often eat wrapped in nori seaweed." <em>-- <a href="http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/" target="_blank">Ben Greenfield</a>, fitness and triathlon expert, Get-Fit Guy podcast host</em>









Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin Wordpress | Android Forums | Wordpress Tutorials





via http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/04/healthy-breakfast-fitness-experts-eat_n_3201441.html?utm_hp_ref=healthy-living

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top